March 27, 2008

Being Busy, No More Games

Since a while ago I've been really busy. Now I don't even have time to play any games. The reason is that there are two new time consuming things that have come up. The first one is my final paper, or as we call it here in Indonesia, my thesis. The second one is my new start-up company.

My final paper is about GPS. Making a simple yet effective GPS system for vehicle tracking in Indonesia. This final paper thing is really taking most of my time. Doing research and spending all day in the campus library is not something that I am used to. Currently, the next thing I have to make are my UML diagrams.

Now, the company, is something a bit more fun. Me and a couple friends formed a group to do freelance jobs. Currently we think that we can do all kinds of jobs, from web design to software development. And to my surprise, since we started a couple weeks ago, clients have been plenty.

We got a couple web design projects, not too special. But the big one that we are all focused on is the The Rice Project. The Rice Project was given to us by one of our links in the government. This project is so huge that I got nauseated the first time they explained it to us. It was so big that I didn't think we could handle it. But the team are all optimistic, so I trust they will deliver.

Aside from these new time devourers, I have to make time to do my usual stuff. My part time job - which is getting boring and boring. Maybe I'm not fit for a desk job. Being self-employed is really something that I look forward to. Things at the Indonesian Wikipedia are also a bit hectic. A huge influx of new users has the admins there busy. I am an admin there also. Household errands are also things that I do not enjoy, but somebody's got to do them.

Wait - this is not a lot of stuff. Why am I not finding time to play PC games? Oh yeah, that's right. It's my new Internet. Whenever I do find time to use my PC at home, I use it for the web. And it sucks me in.

So, future me, this is point in my life probably is where I unknowingly cease playing computer games. Maybe someday I'll think, "Hey, when did I stop being a gamer?" - this might be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment