February 24, 2008

Faulty Minds

Your memory is extremely faulty. This is something that I just read today. It's something that is extremely true. I have a hard time remembering things that happened one day ago, imagine what will I remember 5 years from now?

The piece I read also suggested to keep a journal. That's something that I have really wanted to do for a long time. A blog is perfect for this, it's like a time capsule that I'll read many years from now. It's not for other people to read - it's just for me. Like a picture album that'll make me laugh or cry (wait, I don't cry) when I see it in the future.

Who am I? I need to write this down in case I forget. As of 2008, I am an unnamed man, 22 years of age, living in Indonesia, a third world country. I attend a university, majoring in information technology. I love the internet. I used to love to play football (soccer), but now can only find time to play futsal and some tennis.

Physically, now I weigh at about 54 to 56 kilograms, and I am short, around 170 centimeters. Average height for the people in my native land, but a dwarf compared to people in the West.

I have a decent understanding of the English language, because I stayed in the US for about three years when I was 6 years old. When I came back to Indonesia, I'll already had the basics worked out. They say a child of that age can absorb so much.

For the future, I want a masters degree. Studying somewhere abroad, away from my native land. Currently I'm looking at Sweden. They say it's one of the happiest places on earth, one of the best countries. Perfect for a place of study.

But before that degree, should I work first? And get married first? I currently have a job that pays around 6 US dollars a day. That is a bit above the minimum wage here. I currently don't have a girlfriend. And I currently am living with my parents, which is normal in Asian cultures.

This is getting a bit to long for a blog post. Alright future me, from now on I'm going write a journal. I don't like calling it a diary. It's more of a log. Years from now, I will read this log, and be touched. Logging off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment